We currently have 7 churches across Europe in Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden, Russia and Czech Republic. We believe in the power of the local church and know that they are God’s means of transforming this world. Today, Europe is one of the spiritually darkest continents on earth and we want our churches to multiply to reach the hundreds of millions of people who don’t yet know the life-giving Gospel.
- Less than 4% of Europeans attend church regularly;
- More than 250,000 villages, towns and cities in Europe do not have a single evangelical church;
- Out of the top 10 countries with the highest rates of suicide in the world, 9 of them are in Europe (an average of 339 suicides per day in Europe; the U.S. daily average is 91).
WHY this Internship Xchange:
- We want to empower the next generation to reach one of the darkest regions in the world;
- We love the idea of working side-by-side with young leaders who embody life-giving DNA and know how to “do church” differently in order to reach this generation;
- Serve in an area of your gifting and passion;
- We want to provide a place for those who want to experience life as a full time missionary;
- Interact with passionate leaders of some of Europe’s newest advancing churches.
WHO is this intended for:
This internship xchange program is a wide ranging program that can take male and female adults from the ages of 18 to 30. You may be married or single. If you have children, we will work with you to design an internship that best fits your family. This is a hands-on internship program that is designed for those with previous ministry experience, and/or internship training at one of our partner churches. It will ask a lot of you emotionally, spiritually, relationally, and physically. This is not a European holiday, but a real taste of full time ministry in a hard land.
- 1-3 months during August 1-October 31 or January 15 – March 15.
- During this time, you will be expected to work 30-40 hours a week.
- Additional hours depending on the track, and to be available for other church events as the need arises.
There are different tracks available geared towards your interests: Media, Worship, Kids Ministry, Campus Pastor, Youth Ministry, Small Groups, IT, and Administration. Track availability is according to each church’s needs and your capacity for cross-cultural ministry. There is no guarantee that you will be able to intern in your first track of choosing. You will be involved in weekend ministries and the general life of the church, but additionally each track may have different hour requirements and expectations which can be discussed in the interview.
Interns will stay with host families. Breakfast and dinner meals will also be provided. In Europe, public transportation will allow you to travel anywhere (your host church will cover the cost of your public transportation).
1. Fill out application and send in with references.
2. Interview with Director.
3. Orientation for specific country, culture and church.
Internship Xchange Program FEES:
Interns are responsible for covering the costs of getting to their host church, and for one meal a day during the duration of their internship. Any traveling, or accommodations, needed outside of what the internship provides will also be the responsibility of the intern. Also, a $100 non-refundable deposit is due two weeks before the start of your internship. (This fee is not for profit, but to offset the EuropeAdvance’s financial cost of providing orientation materials, staffing, etc. 100% will be used for the internship.)
**Visas are not required for U.S. citizens staying in Europe for up to 90 days.
Applications – June 1st if planning to intern during August-October; November 1st if planning to intern during January-March.
Intern Program fee – July 15th, January 1st
Email Alicia Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info & applications.